Senior Developer wanted!
About this job
We are currently on the hunt for an ambitious and passionate Senior Developer to join our Remote Tech Team.
Oppizi is the first major multi-channel player in offline performance marketing. We’ve built a technology that enables tracking, scaling and optimization of flyering campaigns. We offer 3 channels, Hand-to-hand (in people’s hand), Door-to-Door (in people’s mailbox or on their cars), Direct Mail (in people’s mailbox via national post service). We operate in 10 countries, the main ones being Australia, New Zealand, France, UK, US, and Canada. We are very privileged to work with flagship accounts like Uber, UberEats, DoorDash, Getaround, DiDi, Deliveroo and many others.
Our developers work on challenging projects to innovate our platform and benefit our customers and partners. As part of our dynamic team, you will contribute to a large-scale, complex product and see real-time impact of your work on hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
The DevOps Engineer will build, maintain and evolve the production systems and environment of Oppizi and its related tools/system. This includes supervising initial deployments.
- Use modern technologies and implement the best solutions in terms of efficiency and reliability
- Collaborate with the PM and other teams to effectively meet the product and technical needs of the project
- Proactively participate in improvements and existing solutions tuning
- Building a testable code and unit/integration tests
- Share expertise and knowledge with your teammates
- Build, release and configuration management (Git) of software deliverables
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, testing and production environments
- Verification of coding standard compliance and code quality;
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, platform/App scaling, monitoring, etc.
- Partner closely with your peers in Quality Assurance, Operations, and New Product teams to improve quality and velocity of teams’ deliverables using goal setting, metrics, quarterly and annual planning and prioritization. Manage, measure, and communicate the teams’ progress toward goals.
- Provide technical guidance and support via engineering design reviews to teams planning and implementing large-scale solutions, deployment of service-oriented architecture and capacity growth.
- Reports on software requirement traceability, static and dynamic code analysis and code coverage analytics
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams for system upgrades and enhancements
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies & tools (Scrum, Kanban, Jira)
- Main point of contact (admin) for JIRA/Confluence workflows, configuration and docs
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Proficiency with React
- Able to create flexible and responsive layouts that work cross-browser/device
- Some knowledge of frontend pipeline technologies e.g. npm, yarn, grunt, gulp, webpack, Saas, LESS
- Willingness to contribute and learn new technologies
- Experience in projects using web applications and APIs
- Pragmatic and considered when selecting and introducing technologies into a solution
- Able to write well-structured, clean, and testable code and help others do the same
- Experience working within agile teams
- Experience working within long-lived product teams
- Experience in SaaS or multi-tenant architectures
- Exposure to microservices, Serverless framework, and other techniques for creating loosely coupled architectures (e.g. messaging, event sourcing, CQRS)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to serve in a supervisory role
- Fluent English written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrable experience working in large, complex infrastructures
- Experience and desire to write tools and applications to automate work
- Experience in engineering highly scalable and distributed systems
- Experience with tracking and monitoring software is crucial, setup software such as BugSnag, Sentry and cover all aspects of Node, React and React Native apps
- Extensive experience with and perfect understanding of AWS
- Competitive compensation
- Remote position only
- Company stock options
- Generous personal-time-off package
- Entrepreneurial environment
- International company
- Great culture, human-centered (97% employee retention rate in 2020 - COVID!) & 17 nationalities
- Work in a very successful bootstrapped company, no investors yet!
- Small team with growth opportunity
- Exposure to all aspects of the Marketing Technology Services
- Unlimited PTO
- Tech team composed of 15+ individuals
- Possibility to work and travel one month a year
- 100% Remote position
- Product Company
- Competitive Remuneration
Apply to Oppizi
Senior Developer wanted!
Ask a Question
Life at oppizi
Technology powering the offline marketing.
oppizi is a disruptive offline marketing startup specialised in customer acquisition for online pure players. We work with high-value clients like Amazon, Uber, UberEats, DoorDash, THE ICONIC, DiDi, Getaround, ClassPass Marley Spoon, and many others.
We support online businesses in all the major cities in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Belgium, the US, Switzerland, and France. Oppizi is only at the very beginning of its journey and will continue expanding internationally.
The team is composed of 65+ hard working employees over Australia, New Zealand, London and Paris and New York City.
From top business schools to pure operations and going through creative backgrounds, our team is a good mix of great individuality and different cultures, which allows diversity in our business approach and problem solving. 32% of our employees are minorities and 43% are women.
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Bugs fixed before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools that money can buy
- Code screening
- Hallway usability testing