DE Payroll Manager wanted in Berlin, Germany
About this job
- Big Data
- Business operations
We are currently on the hunt for an ambitious and passionate Payroll Manager to process all aspects of payroll and Legal in accordance with company budgets and expenses and oversee all the HR/Payroll operations in Germany. The right candidate will be involved in all aspects of the business and report to a General Manager, DE as well as work closely with different departments to increase performance and ensure smooth operations.
Seniority level: Middle
Work type: Hybrid with a presence at the office required (preferably 40% remote, 60% onsite)
Office location: Berlin, WeWork Warschauer Strasse
Start date: Mid-July 2023
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Oppizi is the first major multi-channel player in offline performance marketing. We’ve built a technology that enables tracking, scaling, and optimizing flyering campaigns. We offer three channels, Hand-to-hand (in people’s hands), Door-to-Door (in people’s mailboxes or on their cars), and Direct Mail (in people’s mailboxes via national post service). We operate in 12 countries, the main ones being Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Belgium, France, the UK, Mexico, the US, and Canada. We are very privileged to work with flagship accounts like Uber, UberEats, DoorDash, Getaround, DiDi, Deliveroo, and many others.
In the role of Payroll Manager, you will:
- Ensure all Brand Ambassador (BA) payrolls are always delivered on time and with 100% accuracy
- Process the BA payroll/contractor data in an organized and structured manner
- Keep on track of all payroll deadlines and monthly payroll tasks
- Prepare BA payroll reports and provide monthly payroll data in journal format to finance for processing
- Comply with GDPR regulations and maintain payroll security/confidentiality
- Deal with BA payroll queries and resolve or escalate as required
- Constantly seek out ways to improve systems and processes to ensure a seamless flow between HR, Payroll, and Finance
- Keep payroll policies up to date and write any new procedures as required
- Provide support to any project-related activities from Finance and HR
- Provide support to Finance with reporting and audit queries
- Assist with future expansions of global payrolls and other projects
- Manage working time accounts and ensure contractual hours of the workforce are fulfilled
- Manage all payroll correspondence and act as a point of contact for all escalated payroll queries
- Maintain strong cross-functional team relationships
- Build strong relationships with vendors to ensure excellent service delivery and compliance in all countries
This role is a very hands-on position in a fast-paced environment and you will lead the way from scratch (1st hire for this position).
- Work experience in Payroll and HR Management in Germany from 1 to 3 years
- Experience in a similar payroll role and working with mainly foreign and student applicants who have specific visa and social security requirements (150+ BAs at any given time)
- Very good understanding of German labour law and jurisprudence
- Excellent communication skills to converse with external parties and internal team members of all levels
- Strong process and planning mindset
- Proactivity and ability to think outside the box and solve problems when faced with new challenges
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional planning/organisational skills and being deadline oriented
- Ability to work with different software systems, and have excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and formulas
- Being a team player as well as being able to work independently
- Entrepreneurial spirit/experience with a strong growth mindset
- Adaptable and comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing a team of contractors or employees on multiple projects simultaneously
- University degree in Business / Finance or a similar field
Here you can learn more about us:
Interested? Apply now!
You can apply from here or send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for applying!
- Attractive salary package + yearly bonus (15% of basic salary)
- Work from home opportunity
- Laptop/Computer provided
- Private Health Insurance
- Opportunity for career growth: can lead to the position of Head of People Operations in Germany
- Fast Growing Startup
- Bootstrapped business, no investors
- Great culture, human-centred (97% employee retention rate in 2020 - COVID!) & 17 nationalities
- Work directly with Ops Managers Germany, GM Germany, and industry-leading executives
- International business: Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, UK, Netherlands, Belgium and France
Apply to Oppizi
DE Payroll Manager wanted in Berlin, Germany
Ask a Question
Life at Oppizi
Technology powering the offline marketing.
Oppizi is a disruptive offline marketing startup specialised in customer acquisition for online pure players. We work with high-value clients like Amazon, Uber, UberEats, DoorDash, THE ICONIC, DiDi, Getaround, ClassPass Marley Spoon, and many others.
We support online businesses in all the major cities in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Mexico, the US and Canada. Oppizi is only at the very beginning of its journey and will continue expanding internationally.
The team is composed of 100+ hard-working employees over Australia, New Zealand, London and Paris and New York City.
From top business schools to pure operations and going through creative backgrounds, our team is a good mix of great individuality and different cultures, which allows diversity in our business approach and problem solving. 32% of our employees are minorities and 43% are women.